Critical Cycles Step-Thru Urban Commuter Bicycle - British Racing Green
CriticalCycles City bicycles are hand built for the commuter lifestyle with a lightweight tig-welded steel frame and an advanced component set that is ideal for riding around town, on the beach boardwalk, and for exercise.
The Step-Thru frame is designed for easy on and off, as well as comfortable riding for all kinds of clothing. The steel tubing and progressive frame geometry are designed for an upright riding position enabling a softer ride than your typical city bike. Shimano 7-Speed Drivetrain is perfect for longer distance riding as well as easier pedaling on hills. For your convenience the shifting mechanism is controlled via a grip-twister that allows you to shift gears without sacrificing control of the handlebars.
Standard on each bike are Kenda Kwest Tires ($50 Value), the perfect hybrid/touring tire designed with smooth rounded tread with large water dispersion grooves. Many upgrades are also included such as front and rear fenders, vintage-style bullet headlamp (batteries not included), a mid-century bell, rear rack, and sealed bottom bracket. Upright handlebars will keep your eyes on the road while being easier on your back.
Step-Thru Seven Speed City Bikes are available in Cream, Black, and British Racing Green.
CriticalCycles is the premier Commuter Bicycle Company with elegant design, artisan-built lightweight and durable frame, and factory direct prices. Included with your bike are all the tools you need build it in 20 minutes or less.
To ensure that every component on your bicycle is working properly, Critical Cycles recommends that all Critical Cycles bikes be assembled by a qualified mechanic. Improper assembly of your bicycle may lead to premature wear or failure of individual components such as headsets, crank assembly, drivetrain, brakes, and wheels. The brakes and derailleurs are not set up and need to be properly adjusted to stop and shift correctly.
Please refer to our Assembly Instructions
- Blogger Review by The Gear Caster
Critical Cycles sells sturdy, affordable, steel frame fixies that are ideal for riding around town. With numerous color combinations to choose from, you get the look of a customized bike without the customized price. -The Gear Caster ..
- Customer Review by A. Schondorf
Single Handedly the best single-speed bicycle in this price range with fantastic components, A+ packaging, and amazing color options. Flip Flop Hub: This gives you the option to ride fixed or freewheel and very easy to switch from one to the other. I like riding fixed-gear personally, but it can ..
- Blogger Review by Commute By Bike
First of all, the price really stands out on this bicycle. For $219 you really get a bike that is ready to hit the road with a frame and components that appear that they will last for many miles. -Commute By Bike ..
- Assembly: We assemble the bike for you 90% so your first ride is shortly after it arrives at your front door
- Included Accessories: Chain guard, Center Mount Kickstand, Classic Bell, Vintage Style Bullet Head Lamp, Fenders, Tools
- Frame: Lightweight Hand-Built Step-Thru High-Tensile Strength Steel Frame with Rack and Fender Braze-Ons
- Fork: Lightweight Hand-Built Classic Urban Fork
- Bottom Bracket: Neco Sealed Cartridge Bearing 110.5mm
- Headset: Neco 1-1/8” Steel
- Handlebar: Alloy Riser City Bars 620mm, 60mm rise, 15° sweep, 25.4 Center
- Stem: Alloy 30 Degrees Rise, 220mm, 25.4 Clamp
- Grips: Extra-Soft Brown Rubber
- Shifter: Shimano 7-speed Revoshift Grip-Twist Shifter
- Brake & Lever: Alloy Dual Caliper Brake & Alloy Four Finger Lever
- Rims: 700c Stars Deep-V Double-Wall Alloy Rim 30mm 32H w/ machined sidewall
- Front Hub: KT 100mm spacing, 32H
- Rear Hub: KT 135mm spacing, 32H
- Derailleur: Shimano TX35
- Tires: Kenda Kwest 700 x 32c
- Tubes: Kenda 700 x 32c, Schrader Valve
- Crank: Protek Alloy 170mm, 44T Chainring
- Chain: KMC Z410, 1/2" 1/8"
- Seat Post: Alloy 25.4 x 300mm
- Seat Clamp: Alloy 28.6
- Saddle: Synthetic Leather
- Pedal: Urban Pedal Alloy 9/16"
Recommended Weight Limit: 250 lbs
|Size||Frame Size||Suggested Height|
|Medium/Large||44cm||5'5" and up|
|Seat Tube Length||38 cm||44 cm|
|Seat Tube Angle||74||74|
|Head Tube Length||22 cm||22 cm|
|Effective Top Tube||58.8cm||58.8cm|
|Chainstay Length||43.6 cm||43.6 cm|
|Wheelbase||108 cm||108 cm|
|Front DropOut||102 cm||102 cm|
|Rear DropOutt||135 cm||135 cm|